Tuesday, May 04, 2010

What is it about me running into people from back in the day???!!!

Yesterday, my youngest started track practice. It seems like she will enjoy it. As I was picking her up at 7, I heard someone say, (DJ's WIFE)....I know that isn't (DJ's WIFE)!!! Oh, my, gosh! (DJ's WIFE)!!!!! I turned and looked, it was a girl that I went to college with over um, 10 years ago (ok, damn, 18 years ago). I remembered her name and that we were friends even. I even remembered where she was from in NY! The stuff she remembered! Oh, WOW!

Girl, you used to come to our room and hang out for real!... We used to crack up taking about so-n-so...Whatever happened to...Do you remember?...

It was really nice to see her. We exchanged phone numbers and said we would keep in touch, but does that really happen? As you recall, a few years ago I ran into a bunch of people who knew me even before college...where are they? People change-I get that. I changed. What do you do with an old friend that you don't even know anymore?

My solution is to remain friendly and cordial. I mean, if they were your friend all those years ago, there must of been SOMETHING. Does that mean you have to visit each others houses, go on vacation together and hang out every weekend? No-I don't even do that with my brothers and sisters!!!! But man! She remembered some stuff from college that was really ancient. I mean, completely erased from my memory all together. It really is funny what other people remember. And I'm still pretty tickled by it.

So, work has improved by 75%. Come to find out my boss DID say something to someone! He's so slick! He didn't want to come into work one day and see me not here...heads would of had to roll!!! I certainly appreciated the fact that he had the balls to do it. Not everyone in corporate America is willing to put themselves out there and say what is on their mind!

What can I say? I am a happy happy gal! Not just because of the car but because for once, things seem to turning up for me and my family. Life is hard, no doubt about that one! But boy, having faith, family, friends...I can really make it thru anything and come out a little bit better person!!