Monday, March 29, 2010

I realized that I've been doing so much bitching and ranting about my suck ass job that I should change my blog to A Day In The Life of The Angry and Disgruntled Worker.

So, in keeping with my general feelings on this sort of thing, I am no longer devoting a lot of energy to being mad. It is what it is, correct? You can't make people know what their talking about - they just gotta be dumb on their own! But I did pack up my office and am ready to roll on a moments notice...soooo...

Its hard to be positive when almost everyone around you is a jackass.

I do have many wonderful things going on however. My kids are on Spring Break. My hubby just returned from LA. I spent some time with friends I never get to see. I took a nice couple of days to do "me" time.

Because it is a rare occasion indeed, to be alone at home. Hubby out of town. Children gone. I felt so damn free. I felt so happy. I came and went as I pleased. I didn't cook if I didn't want to. If I wanted to watch a movie, I did. If I wanted to sleep on the couch, I could. It was just fantastic. And then I capped it off with the longest hot steam shower in history. No one asking me whats for dinner. No one saying they needed clean clothes. For a brief moment in time, it was just me again. And I loved it.

And then Wednesday, it was over. Hubby and kids back.

But I revel in the three days that I had. I think its why I didn't quit my job last week. So lets view that as a positive as well.

Now lets chat about something that is really up my alley. The NCAA tourney. Man, how many of you picked Old Dominion University in the first round? Ha! I did! And then...it all went down hill. I always said that when I made my bracket picks, half of them were based on sentimental value and the other half on knowing the game of basketball. For instance, that ODU pick was just knowing there was going to be an upset in the first round. Picking Pitt? Purely because my cousin played for Pitt. Having a Big East final four? Just stupid. Thanks a lot Georgetown and Villanova! But then, at the end of last week - I found out that i was in 4th place. Really? And then-Syracuse went and screwed me this weekend. I'm not totally dead yet, though. I still got one of my two championship teams in there: West Virginia. So lets go Mountaineers!

A shame when basketball is whats really making me happy nowadays!