Monday, February 15, 2010

After being held hostage in my home for exactly 11 days, I have managed to tunnel out and get my ass back to work. And, I haven't been this happy to be at work for the last six months (or since the OM lost her GD mind). But whatever. I'm not at home. I'm not the short order cook serving up meals every 3 hours. I'm not the laundry washer and the problem fixer 24/7. Talk about cabin fever. Could it have happened any other weekend than Valentine's Day weekend?

But I made it with no major drama, so that's what's important.

You would think that after a week of no work BS, I'd be happy. Nah, I'm waiting for someone to step to me like they've lost their minds after not seeing me for a week. I guess I got a good dose of pessimism while at home. Hmmmm...

There's not that much to report unless you want a recap on how my phone kept me from dying of boredom, how my hubby's top priority during the blizzard was to go out to the DirecTV satellite on the back deck and "de-ice" it with a screwdriver and the Hello Kitty hairdryer, or about grilled cheese sandwiches that I was serving up on a daily basis.

Yeah, folks...I am utterly and completely over winter. I'd take Las Vegas in the dead of July before I go through this again.