Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The roller coaster ride contines. My dear friend, the UNC alum, is leaving at the end of this month and if I wasn't happy for him beginning a new life with his fiance-I'd totally be throwing myself at his feet begging him not to leave. But the reason is completely okay with me since I've never been the type to begrudge anyone's happiness.

My middle child turned 13 last Saturday. So it's offical, with two teenagers and a tween, I am officially stir-crazy!

And then last night, I had another rare occasion to do whatever I wanted to. Hubby is in LA for work and the kid went to Camp Schmidt with her 5th Grade class. I took a looong hot shower, relaxed and went to sleep in the middle of the bed. Perfection! And my theory on this little phenomenon is that single people want to be married with children (most of them do, one day) and married people, while they may not want to BE single - they want to REMEMBER what it was like when they were single! So small moments like last night - they are really peace of mind moments. We should all be so lucky to have them!

But the party is over today. The kid is back from Camp and the hubby is returning on a red-eye on Wednesday. I enjoyed my one day of peace and am back to regular old life as usual.

A life that includes Anita Baker tickets in August. Now that's a good damn life.

If I'm still employed at the beginning of the month, I haven't committed a felony at work and all is good. This is where we are right now. So sad, I know.