Friday, February 05, 2010

Hmmmm...

So I received an email from a friend and former co-worker who moved to Arizona over 3 years ago. She told me she was going to be in town for a week at the end of the month and what could I do to help her see some of our mutual friends?

I, being the little party planner and such, sent out emails to my girls with whom I'm still in touch and told them to holla. Oh, and then I said that I wouldn't be mad if some folks didn't make the cut. LOL.

Apparently that didn't go over with one person, because I received the reply: "I'm down for the get together. And I don't have any grudges."

WTF?!

Okay, yes, I was talking about one of her girls. And yes, I mentioned her friend by name when someone replied, "be more specific on who shouldn't make the cut". I was really tempted to shoot back an email and be like, "No grudges. I just enjoy some people's company more than others". But then thought that sounded a little petty. But then, I thought, "Fuck that" and I don't really care she knows I ain't feelin her friend. In the end, I did nothing but was about to cut the girl that responded off the invite list. See, this is why I can't be bothered with female friend drama.

In other news, shit done got so bad at the office with the big head office manager that it defies logic. Half the time I am stunned that someone thinks she is "manager" material. I realize to some folks that this is their career, but could you be less obvious with your kiss-ass attitude? Sheesh...have some pride.

There's actually a laundry list of shit that is getting on my nerves, but I won't bore the masses.

One thing that truly did make me happy was my advance copy of Sade's SOLDIER OF LOVE. I like it. And while her voice has certainly changed, it is refreshing to see she is still Sade after the long hiatus. Is it better than Lovers Rock? No way. But after hearing all these new corny acts on the radio, I'll take Sade anyday.

Snow bunnies...be safe out there.