Tuesday, May 11, 2010

RUN BABY RUN!!!

So the youngest child has decided she wants to be Wilma Rudolph and run track. Track is not something that I was ever interested in...ever! But since she expressed an interest in it last year, Dad and I told her that she needed to maintain her grades and keep her room clean and then, YES! She could run track.

Her first meet on Saturday and the girl tied for 2nd place in the 100 meters! We are so proud! She actually came in 1st place in the 400 meters but as she walked over to me by the bleachers, I handed her her Powerade and she said, "that's too loooong, Mommy!". So a sprinter she may be. I'm glad she found something that she wants to do and will stick with.

My niece was recognized for being an outstanding student this week. I live about 10 minutes from my brother but we see each other infrequently at best. Most of the time it is at family stuff or stuff for the kids. I still love him though. What can I say-we lead some busy lives.

His oldest...the one who I named in the hospital and taught how to walk...graduates from high school. She's a bit of a diva. A diva that her auntie (me) helped create from the day she was born. I mean, c'mon, I gave her the middle name Chanel and I'm going to act surprised that she's a diva? Not me...I'm real wit it! That's my baby.

The Babe (my new car) is running oh so beautifully. And the truly grand part about having a car is that I have yet to fill up the gas tank. It's been almost two weeks and I haven't filled up the gas?! Whaaaat?! By the way, we named it "The Babe" cuz its a nice navy blue (a la Yankee blue, if you will). And "The" part comes from the fact my hubby is tickled by the use of "The Batman" in The Dark Knight. I don't know...I just thought he was Batman but Heath Ledger's Joker always says, "The Batman". Hubby laughs almost every time. So The Babe it is.

I wish I had more to report. There is not a whole lot going on in at the moment. June may be a tough one though. am totally booked for every weekend so far. 2 graduation parties and a bridal shower. I still have to plan my sister's baby shower too. Just spring madness. I love it.

My mother's day was really nice. I chilled out. Ate a few burgers and hot dogs. Just did nothing, which is exactly what I wanted to do anyway.