Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Battle Wages On...

I have been overweight more than half my life now. At 5 feet even, a doctor once told me that my "ideal weight" was 100 pounds. Umm, ok, doc. I would look like tits on a stick. I think ideally, I could be 120 and be real happy. So that would be a bonafide 57 pounds to lose.

Let's see, when I was in middle school - I was the same height I was now but I weighed 98 pounds. I didn't start putting real weight on until about the 11th grade. By the time I graduated high school, I was a size 6 or 8? Don't really remember but slim enough to wear those skinny ass Guess jeans that were in style back then. Got to college and well, you know the rest.

I fluctuated up and down for years after that. Lost about 20 before I got pregnant with my daughter. Gained 50 while pregnant. Lost the baby weight and then some during the breakup. Got married and gained even more. And "more" is where I have been for oh, about 8 or 9 years.

You tell yourself its the "happy, good life" weight that we all gain when we're eating whatever and got good lovin in our lives! You can roll with that excuse, but then you hit the point where you realize the frequent buyers card at Lane Bryant is worn down and the one pair of 14's has been upstaged by the two pairs of 16's. You're a big girl, face it.

Well, no more. I am doing the damn thing now. I've got a steady work out buddy here at work and am hittin the gym 2 to 3 times a week! I've steadied my diet to not exclude myself from carbs but to keep them in check. And so far, I've lost a good 4 pounds in 2 weeks. That seems like it could stay off. I just need to maintain the plan. And then, when I am back down to the 120's... I will be so glad that I am not the fat mother in the bleachers tryin to catch her breath and sippin out of a super big gulp cup. Realistic time to lose the 57 pounds and keep it off=3 years or before my youngest goes to high school. I think I can do it. I'm tryin to be 40 and look like I'm 16 (if my gray hairs cooperate)!!!

No, I'd really just like to be in a super low cut one piece by the summer of 2012 or even before. It's less about health (yeah, I said it!) than it is about vanity. I mean, I want to be healthy but I want to look good more. A swift kick in the ass and I'm on my way. I certainly won't be talking about it every post because I know it just doesn't happen that way- but I will keep you updated every now and then.