Thursday, July 12, 2007

*Day Four*

I was talking to one of my colleagues at she asked me why I was on a diet. She said, "you carry yourself well..." she didn't finish but I think she wanted to say, "for a big gurl". I wouldn't have been offended if she had said it but I think she was a little embarrassed that I knew what she meant. It is what it is, right?

I told her that for me, it wasn't all about losing the weight. Part of me wants to know I have the self control, the discipline to do it and do it religiously. The loss of weight is like the added bonus. I also told her that I'm feeling like Humpty Dumpty. My ass is all over the place and I need to put myself back together.

My lunch buddy asked me how I was going to act once I was put back together again. I told her, "A DAMN FOOL!". I am, after all, the one that went through it all.

But until then, I'm just the bread and potatoes deprived DJ's wife.

Another boring set of meals. Last night, I had to fend for myself and I ordered Chicken and Broccoli and Kung Pao Chicken from the carry-out. Chinese food is crap without the rice let me tell you.

This morning, my deli guy hooked me up with a massive ham, egg, onion and cheese omelette. So huge, I didn't even come close to finishing it. Lunch was a bacon cheeseburger with no bun and a caesar salad. Of course, I washed both meals down with a sugarless ice tea.

Not sure what I'll do for dinner tonight. Fish for the family but I'm not in a baked/broiled fish mood for myself. Leftovers more than likely. We'll see.