Tuesday, July 17, 2007

*Day Five through Day Nine*

I've been staying the course as far as my diet is concered. I will cop to having a handful of sour cream and onion potato chips late last night. I was hungry and sleepy, is my excuse. So, I gave myself a slap on the hand. That's as much beating myself over the head as I'm going to do, though.

I worked out for 15 minutes on the eliptical and did a good 5 minute stretch out at the end today. Invigorating and exhausting. I did feel good and will do the Tuesday and Thursday workout barring any work-related emergencies. The fat pants worked. I was sweating like Bobby Brown in a crack house. Not a good look though.

Hubby opened the Mos Def show at the 9:30 Club last Saturday. A good time was had by all, I think. He draws a pretty knowledgable and eclectic crowd. Hip Hop may be dying...but that show was a testament that there will always be love for true emcees, good music and that old school vibe.

Looking to hit up Talib Kweli in Baltimore on my birthday. He and my husband go waaaaay back to the days of pushing Rawkus lp's in New York, so its all love. We once went to an in store meet and greet in Las Vegas and he asked why we were standing in line. Hubby was like, "Oh, we're not here for the label...we're fans today." And Kweli was like, "So YOU ARE coming to my show at the House of Blues tonight?!" The next thing you know Kweli's telling his manager on the phone, "(Hubby's name) plus one". We hung out before he went on and then watched the show - from backstage. A very cool experience indeed.

Needless to say, all rappers aren't that way.

And wouldn't this be a great time to speak upon the inevitable? That's right folks, Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Diddy. Not even the most hardcore Sean Combs fan saw this union lasting. (Sorry for you in so many ways if that fan reference is you). Rumor has it old gal is going after $100,000 a month for child support. You do the math...whew!

Alright, folks..I'm out.