Wednesday, April 25, 2007

See what happens when you think...

I must say that I was dreading the worst from the Women's Retreat! But everything was really good. I can highly recommend the jojoba moisturizing wrap...its magnificent! Everything turned out well and I am pleased to report that first and foremost on the minds of my fellow retreaters was R-E-L-A-X-A-T-I-O-N! So it was all good.

The new biz is going well. I am keeping busy with custom gift baskets. Working on getting the store up and running. Meeting with potential vendors. Its all very exciting and exhausting! But I can't complain, its what I love to do! I believe great things are in store for my little biz! LOL.

Remember that odd ball conversation with RDB a few posts ago? Well, found out where he's at...detox/jail. Sad, but true. What is it that makes a 33 year old man think he can hustle for the rest of his life? At some point, don't you want more for yourself? For your kids? I gave it a lot of thought and you know, it saddens me more than it makes me mad. I BEEN OVER being mad at him truthfully. I guess thats part of the "give it up turn it loose" theory.

Anyways, had to explain to the child where he was...and it lead us to the topic of LIFE. And as if on cue, I asked her what life was all about and she said (correctly, I might add) that life was about choices. She so wisely said that her Dad had not made good choices and that was why he had to go to a facility to get help for his problems. I concurred and said that she was exactly right!

Then she said, "Daddy's a good person." And I said, "Are you asking me or are you telling me?" And without hesitation she said, "I'm TELLING you." I thought for a split second and said, "Yeah. He likes to argue a lot but underneath it all he IS a good person." She smiled and seemed pleased at the revelation.

While I certainly have NO LOVE for him personally, I thought to myself, "How much damage could I do to my child if I had belittled her Dad to her face? Chided him for being stupid and immature?" I remember seeing kids who had been traumatized by the bitterness of their parent's divorce and I certainly did not want that for my littlest one. So if I had to suck it up just this once, I would do it. But please...don't ask me to do it again any time soon.

Until next time!