Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Hate it or love it.

That's pretty much the way I feel about everything and everyone now-a-days. I guess at 33, if it suits me, fine. If not, I'm out. Funny how it took this long to come to THAT conclusion.

For instance: Love the fact that my job is perfect for me. Challenging stuff with plenty of down time for me to pursue other things in my life. Hate that most of my friends despise their own jobs (for whatever reason).

Hate the young bucks on the Metro who terrorize the commuters with their foul language, despicable grooming and overall lack of home training. Especially hate large groups of teenagers, no matter what color or ethnicity they are!

Love that its finally acting like winter. Hate that my car will probably die a long and painful death by the time Puxatawny (sp) Phil sees his shadow. Hell, maybe before then.

Love that my youngest child is quite the scene stealing ham and that someone once told me, "Do you ever look at her and think, 'Yeah - I've got a future Halle Berry right here?'" Hate that she will probably want to be in the entertainment biz and be subjected to all the scrutiny and rejection that comes with it.

Hate that racism is alive and well in the United States of America, as evidenced by the government reaction to Hurricane Katrina. And the lady that gave me the very rude "you wait your turn" finger while going through the revolving doors at the Plaza in NYC. Talkin about hott! I was way beyond pissed!

Love that fact that I am married to an honestly decent man with a conscious and moral values. Sounds kinda corny but if you'd of seen some of the toads I kissed to get where I'm at...well...you'd be proud too (of your man AND of yourself).

Hate the fact that every once in a while my past comes back to bite me in the ass. No, I'm not some witness protection transplant or anything like that...but when I run into someone that says "Oh! I know you! Aren't you..."it just makes me cringe! The size 6, naive and somewhat innocent person I was at 16 is most definitely not the same woman who stands (or blogs, depending on how you want to look at it) before you today. So stop looking at me and whispering, "Dang - she done let herself go!" I have evolved and apparently, you have not.