Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Whew, people, I am tired.

I haven't had much time to spend blogging, venting or otherwise gabbing about my recent exploits. But today is Wednesday and I have an hour or two where I am relatively free to do whatever (at work, nontheless).

The business is going well. Or should I say the business of starting my business is going well. Yeah, thats it. It seems like its a never ending process. Lawyers, websites, contracts, laws, resale certificates, and the list goes on. I was a little overwhelmed but I think I've got a handle on things now.

By the way, I celebrated my one year anniversary at my real 8 to 5 job...which happens to be the BEST year of my professional career, evah! Yeah, its exciting. In my eyes, I have a dream job. The work is challenging and ever changing, with plenty of downtime (yes, I end up doing gift basket stuff) and people that don't treat you like shit. I even got an anniversary gift! I told the folks around here that I was here for the long run (which I feel I am) or until my baskets EXPLODE and "I absolutely MUST leave". That or I win the lottery, which has always been a dream of mine. LOL.

No secret that I'm a gambling chick. Craps is my game but I play some cards too. And slots. LOVE the slots - it must be something about the soothing *ching-a-ling* noise. Anyways, I play the lottery but usually the multi-state games with the ridicious jackpot that only people in Iowa and Ohio seem to win. But me and hubby love the idea of winning a shit load of money. Who doesn't? But this weekend we were watching "Lottery Diaries" on some cable network. Let me tell you - PEOPLE ARE CRAZY!!!! This one guy won $300+ million dollars. And while he was pretty smart with the money (he invested like, $10M, in very conservative stocks), he also settled with his now ex-wife for a cool $5M dollars. You know how much RDB could get from me if I hit the lottery? Bupkiss. Zilch. A swift kick in the ass and a "have a nice life, bitch" is what he got coming. $5M!!!! To a woman who was already in the process of divorcing your ass?! Who-wee. I'm bettin she felt like SHE had won the lottery. But maybe old dude just said to himself, "this is the price I'll pay to get her outta my life for good."

Also featured on Lottery Diaries was two best friends who worked together, play in the bowling league together, live together and, you betcha, played the numbers together. They hit for less than the other guy but they still ended up with like $30M a piece. Not bad. When all is said and done, these fools buy a new house...together(!)...and have matching glass fireplaces and a bathtub that takes 45 minutes to fill up. Oh, and a Howdy Doody collection in a curio cabinet. I damn near fell off the side of my king size bed laughing about that one.

If they ever do a Lottery Diaries on me (which they wouldn't since I would choose to be one of those anonymous winners), it would be off the hook. I'll have to dream up that one for the next post.

Until then...