Friday, February 23, 2007

Well folks...its been a rather odd and interesting two weeks since my last post!

Where on earth to begin?

The ice storm displaced me from my home for three days. I ended up crashing with my brother, my sister in law and my nieces and nephew. I tell you - its been a long time since I've slept on a twin bed, thats for sure! At any rate, I was glad to be there as opposed to a hotel. Wasn't surprised in the least bit to hear that Metro buses were wiping out pedestrians at an alarming rate...have you ever had a personal experience with some of the loons that are employed by Metro? Ha! I ride into work on a train whose operator does her damndest Jessica Rabbit-come-hither-and-fuck-me-at-7am-voice. Every. Morning. I've got plenty more examples, but if you're in the area, I'm sure you've got your very own Metro stories.

Anna Nicole Smith. Simply put, I think old gal died of a drug overdose and a broken heart over the loss of her son. The fiasco that has insued since her passing is shameful. From the ex-boyfriends, to the lawyers, right on down to the judge...

Celebs Gone Wild! Britney, Britney, Britney...anyone that feels sorry for this chick is a moron. She publicly said she wanted to be married and be a young Mom. She gets her wish...and when it all goes to hell...she takes up partying with Paris Hilton?! Next thing you know, she's shaving her head and getting wierd tattoos. These are not things that sober people do. These are things that people on cocaine or Oxycontin or whatever it is they partake in, do. Go to rehab and sit your ass down! Get your life together.

All Star Weekend in Las Vegas. Off the top - I love Vegas more than anyone on this planet. I'm a gambler so its like mecca to me. With that said, I think David Stern and the NBA made one foolish move hosting All Star Weekend there last week. First - Vegas doesn't even have a pro basketball team. Does that make any damn sense? Second, in a city whose travel motto is "What happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas"...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this is a diaster waiting to happen. Why do football players show up at strip clubs with a trashbag full of one's? To incite a riot, fools! Did you seriously think that he was going to lounge on a sofa and tuck them into garter belts all night? Hell nah! I think the columnist Jason Whitlock said it best when he said, "All-Star Weekend can no longer remain the Woodstock for parolees, wannabe rap artists and baby's mamas on tax-refund vacations." Yeah, lots of folks are taking issue with that one comment. I, myself, find it funny and true to a degree. There is one thing in his article that I did take exception to: Freaknik ended in 1999? To us old heads...Freaknik started its decline waaaay before then. LOL.

And while I'm on the subject lets put this out there:

Let's not put the blame on the NBA being thugged out soley on the shoulders of AI. Because whether you choose to admit it or not, there was hoodlums long before he touched down.

All Star weekend will continue to decline until a commisioner says enough is enough. Because as long as you have celebrities, athletes and anyone else with money in one place, your going to attract two things: groupies and stick-up boys. And they both have the same mission:
to get in them pockets. You don't have to be from DC to know that either.

What else do I want to talk about right now?

OH! Finally got a myspace page...out of sheer boredom though. I got a whopping 3 "friends"...and thats including the guy that comes with the sign-up!

I'm sure there was more I wanted to say since it's been so long...but I've got other things to do. Next time it won't be so long.