Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Okay, so my girl Avin tagged me with this request...here it goes:

5 Things You Never Knew About Me:

1) I went through a "Thugstress" phase...and it lasted almost 10 years. I call it my "thugstress" years because that is exactly what I was: a thug princess. I was an upper middle class suburban girl that got down with some extra grimey gutter dudes in my day. Dope dealers, wanna be gangstas, kingpins, murderers - you name it. Little girls that read this: don't be misled by the glam sounding title. I've buried too many friends (including 2 ex boyfriends) and got one ex serving LWOP. It's NOT glam and its not cool. It also evokes one of my infamous truths: If someone loves the streets more than they love you - they WILL break your heart.

2) The only monogamous relationship I've ever been in is my marriage. True. At one point or another, I cheated on every single one of my boyfriends, including my daughters father. Before you start passing judgement, let me inform you that most of them cheated on me too (like that makes it okay) and as far as RDB goes, well, he never cheated on me...just cooked up crack in my kitchen using my baby's glass Gerber jars.

3) When I know or feel like someone is being insincere with me...I'll tell them the most outlandish blatant lie. I once saw my 10th grade boyfriends sister on the street and she was so phoney with me, it made me sick. So when she asked how I was, I told her that I was married and that I had four children!! At that time, I was 22 years old, not married, and did not have ANY children. Later, her brother found me on the internet and was like, "so, how many baby father's you got?". I gave myself a headache laughing so hard.

4) Most chicks that don't know me, don't like me. WOW! Typing it makes it feel like some kind of major discovery! LOL. But its true and I'm not even sure why. Ask me if I care...OKAY OKAY...I must admit...I DON'T!

5) I am a deeply spiritual person. I'm not going to claim to be a Bible-thumpin, holy rollin, better than thou hypocrite...cuz frankly, I'm not a very religious chapter and verse kinda person, even though I was raised Catholic. But I am very spiritual. I believe in a Higher Power and that I am here, ultimately, to do His work. I believe that things happen for a reason and unfair as it may seem, sometimes it is not for us to know those reasons.

And there it is...5 things you never knew!