Monday, April 09, 2007

Let the DRAMA begin!

Just who in the hell do I think I am? Trying to leave the state of Maryland with 11 other grown ass women and all the while thinking no drama was going to break out. A fool I am, I say. A fool.
We haven't gone anywhere and the attitudes are already flaring.

To be clear - yes, I am referencing the upcoming (ahem, this weekend's) retreat. Its really over some BS but hey...I'm of the belief that folks are entitled to their opinion.

I won't get into it too much since I'd have to be so vague. That kinda makes the explanation a little pointless. The short version of it is this, basically - not everyone on this little "get-a-way" is friends. I mean, they're not mortal enemies or anything but you know how it can be. Or maybe you're a man and you don't know.

And lucky for you! I am here to give my two cents:

Most often, the bond that holds a group of women together is really just hair extension glue. On the outside, it looks nice. But get to the roots and underneath it all is a sticky and sloppy damn mess.

Since having this ephiphany - I have evaluated my relationships - with men and women. Let me tell ya, its a lot of folks that ain't make the cut.

Take for instance the chick that wanted to cry on my hubbys shoulder about her baby daddy. Everything was cool until she started ringing my hubbys cell phone at 11pm. Being an adult, I told him that he should have her call the house. The chick stopped calling! To me, it was a sure sign that she had other intentions.

Or how about the former best friend that got mad when my wedding plans went awry and I ended up getting married a month earlier than originally planned? The chick called me in California to tell me that "she wished she could be happy for me, but she's just so mad". Oh, I don't care how many years we've known each other - you can't be happy for me? You need to go on ahead then...

Now, don't get me wrong, its not always the girl/girl friendships. I've had falling outs with the men friends too. But as we all know men are a COMPLETELY different species and deal with things in a whole 'nother way. My example for that is: I once got sold out by a male friend, someone who was like a brother to me, for a few hundred bucks. People driven by money will do damn near anything. Thats a different post altogether though.

I imagine this weekend will be an eye opener of sorts. I can't see how it won't. But let me get back to you on that one next week.

ALL PRAYERS ACCEPTED!