Monday, December 18, 2006

Me child. Done. Lost. Her. Got-damned. Seven Year Old. Mind.

I have maintained for quite a while now that my youngest child is severely handicapped by her paternal genes. Case and point - while having her cousin over this weekend, she strolls into our bedroom and helps herself to one of two $20 dollar bills on my husbands bedside table. And then proceeds to hide it in her shoe. Then, when we check her allowance folder, we discover that she has helped herself to $20 of that money too.

Not only is the child stealing from US, she's stealing from herself!

So, no more allowance. Any cash and gift cards that she gets for Christmas will be garnished. And the all important ass whuppin has been properly dooled out.

But I sit here picking my brain about why she did it? When asked, she says, "I don't have a reason for taking it, I just did." Thats when I threatened to break her little fingers if she took something that didn't belong to her again.

Please don't comment on how that is promoting child abuse and blah, blah, blah. All of her bones are intact, so chill the hell out.

Am I making too much of it? Being too harsh? Hmmmm...I don't think so.

1 Comments:

Blogger DotSpot said...

Honey, you did the right thing. She better be lucky you didn't call the police to teach her a lesson.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home