Tuesday, October 30, 2007

"Court is for uptown people with suits, money, lawyers with three names. If you got cash you can buy court justice. But on the street, justice has no price. She's blind where the judge sits but she's not blind out here. Out here the bitch got eyes." -from the 1996 movie, Sleepers.

So many things have happened since the last time I blogged. Where to begin? Well, if you've been reading up, you'll remember a post in July that paid tribute to two of my friends who passed away. I am pleased to have an update on Barbara's case.

"They got him". Yes, Barbara's murder has been solved. Her killer was convicted last week. I have so many raw feelings about the whole thing, I just don't want to get into it right now. Maybe one day. I will say this though: After 14 years, I had resigned myself to maybe never knowing what happened. With that said, when the details and the who, when and why came out...it just seemed to not matter. Why? Because nothing brings her back. Not a conviction, not the death penalty, and certainly not LWOP. Don't misunderstand me - catching this bastard made me feel like justice was served (and after so many years, I never thought it would be) but I didn't feel joy or happiness. I just felt robbed. I felt like, "Why did it have to be MY friend?"

But life is...(fill-in-the-blank)...

I'll be back with the low down on lunch with RDB...you know you got to tune in for dat one!!!