Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Greater Good

This weekend, inspired partly by my friend Avin, but mostly after just being frustrated with myself, I chopped about 10 inches off my hair. What a freeing experience!

And, in doing this, I also helped someone else. I donated the ponytail to Locks of Love, an organization that makes wigs for children with cancer. I have decided that that's what I'm going to do from now on: donate it. It's a wonderful feeling.

Not so wonderful was the feeling I had at the allergists office this morning. She said I need to stay away from wheat, nuts and seafood for the time being. That basically means, I am being forced back onto my NO WHITE STUFF diet. Which, as you recall, failed miserably after about 2 weeks. Talk about a sign to get my fat ass in shape. A doctor telling you is something totally different than doing it for sheer vanity.

So, Monday, I'm back to it.