Thursday, November 30, 2006

My HOT List
Crazy internet videos a la YouTube...MAN! Where do people find the time to think up and actually do this crazy stuff. I have see the funniest shit on the internet. A life size dancing (I mean really groovin') Dora the Explorer, a whole rap song about fried chicken, a flaming and hysterical tribute to a Beyonce video with complimentary wigs and very Tina Knowles-ish outfits, and one of my favorites...the two young guy that do their rendention of the Backstreet Boys songs...so heartfelt, so feeling...so insanely funny!!

Overseas/BiRacial Adoption...Long before Brad and Angie, my parents were compassionate people that opened their hearts to not one but two children born in a foreign country. And that was when they were in their 50's and after they had three grown children of their own. Fashionable in the early 70's? I think not. Kudos also go to Tom & Nicole, Hugh Jackman, and Meg Ryan.

The guilty pleasures of reality TV...some shows out there are just plain dumb or have run their course (Fear Factor and Survivor come to mind). My favorites are Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, Flavor of Love and Cheaters. I only recently got hooked on Flavor of Love and let me tell you...I caught on just in the nick of time! It never ceases to amaze me what folks will do to be on your TV. To publicly profess your love for Flava Flav? To cry, curse and carry on like a certified lunatic because he don't want yo ass for a second time? That ain't must see tv...that must be reality tv!!!

Dave Chappelle...funniest comic out there! I mean, c'mon, the man that brought you the racial draft, the black grand wizard of the you know who, when keepin it reals goes wrong, crackhead Tyrone, a "gangsta" Wayne Brady, and the muppets singing about STD's. If you can't laugh at his stuff, you need you're funny bone checked out! PS - Dave, I ain't mad atcha from walking away from Comedy Central.


My NOT HOT List

Divorce...Hollywood Style: Is it really imperative that we know all the nasty little secrets of a "celebrity" couple? Brit&Kev, Reese&Ryan, Pam&KidRock...it's info overload as far as I'm concerned. Instead of the inevitable "Irreconcilable Differences" how bout a box on the the petition that says, "I've had enough" or "Tried to make it work and failed". And then keep it movin'!

40+ year old women that wear skirts three inches above their knees and 2 inches below the crack of they old ass! Whats up with that? Why are you most certainly someone's grandmother and you dressing like you going to the Legends (or excuse me, the Ascot) after work? I'm not saying you need to wear a MuMu but please! Lets age with some dignity. Just cuz you been someone mama since you was 13 doesn't mean you need to try to recapture your lost youth at 40 or 45. Put some damn clothes on.

OJ's book and interview...all I'm going to say is: is it absolutely necessary to remind the world you got away with it? Sheesh!

Channel 4 News getting rid of all the news cast that I grew up with! For me, the Sports Machine pre-dates ESPN by many, many 'o' years. You had to stay up until 5 minutes to 12 to watch that bitch...but you got all your sports in. Arch Campbell, while I didn't agree with him even half the time, was a News4 staple. Whats next, Channel 4, getting rid of Bob Ryan and the Farmers Almanac?! Ya gonna auction off one of Wednesday's Children?!

Being the parent of a celebrity/athlete and donning your childs jersey or chain at every opportunity. We know you are proud of your baby! But is the only thing you have in your closet a jersey with your boy's number on it? If so...why?! I was in Atlantic City a while back and this woman was pissed off the people at the Ralph Lauren OUTLET were not bowing down to her. Out flew "Oh, you must don't know who my son is!" It was funny then and its funny now. I got issue with a variety of things in that situation...#1...whoever your son is supposed to be, why are you at the outlets in Atlantic City as opposed to the Shops at Caesars Palace in Vegas? *clearing my throat* You can't run game on someone that actually knows HOW TO PLAY the game! Get wit it! #2...just who in the hell are you to pull the "you must don't know" card? I don't care who your child is...why should you be treated differently than any other paying customer?

The NEVER HOT List

Public Racial tirades...Sure! Let the whole world know you are a insensitive bigot, why don't you? You're a "star"...you can get away with it! NOT. It reflects poorly on you, your family (because *NEWSFLASH* believe it or not, the way you were raised has a lot to do with how you view people of other cultures, races and religions), and countless other things. If you want to be a racist prick...do it in the comfort of your own home, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home