Monday, November 27, 2006

Be thankful!

Let me give you the good breakdown on my Thanksgiving: we left downtown DC at 1:00 pm and did not get to our "cabin" in the woods until 6:00. Where did we go, you ask? North Carolina? Nope. Williamsburg. The google directions said it would take 2 hours. LOL. They should add a button to the google directions that says, "factor in holiday traffic".

Anyways, while happy homemakers and hostesses were slaving away in their kitchen on Wednesday and Thursday, I was in a hot tub in utter bliss. I didn't cook a damn thing the whole time we were gone! Not even sm'ores! We had a ridiciously large buffet at the lodge that was pretty good (not Mom's homecookin) but really decent. And while the husband hollered when he heard the buffet was $35.99 for each adult, he was in a turkey induced coma by halftime of the Cowboys game. Guess it didn't bother him that much.

The kids had a ball. They swam and played and scavenger hunted to their hearts delight. A good time was had by all.

I get home and what is one of the first things I hear about? A 23 year old groom in NYC getting shot by cops! A damn shame, I say. I am not anti-cops, first and foremost. But most of my personal experiences with them is fucked up to say the least.

Case and point, when me and RDB got into an arguement in DC, I went to the police station on Benning Road. I waited and finally this dumb ass desk jockey asks me what I want. I told him that I wanted to file an assult charge and he asked me what happened. The long and short of it was, we got to arguing and RDB slapped the food I was eating out of my hands and onto the floor. Do you know what one of DC's so called "finest" said, "was there ketchup on that burger?" I stormed out of there yelling, "and you dumb muthafuckas wonder why people take shit into their own hands". True story.

Another true story that gives you an idea as to why I don't trust cops is this: A few months after my daughter was born, I was at an apartment complex and these three bama chicks I had beef with showed up. They were with some flunkie and told the dude, "hey...go rob that girl over there." Talking within earshot and pointing to me! Why, why, why? Dude walks to the car like he's going to do that shit and I very calmly pulled my .380 out of my purse and laid it on the front seat. A year later, I hear that one of the chicks is now a county police officer. Dirty, isn't it?

Last true story for you to digest: A while ago, a college student was shot by a so called undercover cop. It made news because by all accounts, this young man was an upstanding citizen and father to an infant daughter. I knew this cop. He used to patrol my old neighborhood. He was dirty with a capital "D". He was notorious around the way for robbing drug dealers, beating folks down when they were cuffed, smoking PCP with the neighborhood prostitues and generally being a jackass. To make it worse, he was acquitted in the young man's death. A civil suit is pending by the young man's mother and daughter and I hope they get MILLIONS.

Its a shame when a few bad apples can ruin the bunch. I know some folks in law enforcement and their job is by no means easy or safe. But when you add racism, fear, and major power/ego-trips into the mix - you are certainly asking for a volitile situation to erupt into something much more.

As always - off the top of my head...the djs wife

1 Comments:

Blogger Avin said...

I really love your blog girl. You write like I do.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home