Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's daunting, the twists and turns that life takes. Since my last post, not much has changed. Still separated. Still unemployed. Still trying to shine shit and call it gold as The Wire would say.

Yeah, I'm still going thru it. It's been crazy to say the least but I am forging on. I can't lie. I've been disappointed by many who I never thought would turn their backs. But you find out a lot about someone when your down. This includes family and those friends you never dared dream would do that shit. And then on the flip side: the people who you never thought could or would hold you down, do so and do so happily. Like I said, daunting.

For the first time in about 20 years, I had a beef with my Godbrother. Not that we always get along or agree but we usually don't have these kinds of beefs. But we talked it out and it's resolved now. The relationship has changed though, which makes me a little sad. My Godbrother has been my best male friend for most of those 20 years, we've been thru damn near everything that could be thrown our way. Of course, I knew he had flaws: major ones! But after turning a blind eye to them for so long, they became something you couldn't ignore. He's still family. Still my Godbrother. But with the changes I've been going through, it was inevitable that the way I look at him would change too. Tis life, I suppose.

If the last 6 months have taught me anything, it is that I am stronger than I ever thought I could be. I have truly been tested in all areas of life, lately. That's not to say there haven't been tears or desperation. There has been! In spades! I found out a lot about myself and those that I care about. Some of it wasn't so good, some of it was. I guess that's part of the journey.

In other news, the stress and lack of funds has whittled 30 pounds off my frame! I went from a 16 to an 8 since April! NOW THATS CRAZY!

When I get back to post again, hopefully it's more positive and uplifting. Can't see it being any darker, since this is the view from rock bottom folks.