Friday, October 30, 2009

I have become precisely what I despise...

A CRACKBERRY ADDICT. The short version of this story is that I lost my GD blackberry. The cherished gift from my husband...gone. And it was my fault completely. Shit happens. I mean, I had it for well over a year and am eligible for an upgrade in December. Leaving me...with a bootleg phone for the next, 6 weeks or so. I am not a happy camper. But anyways...

I went to see Jay-Z in Baltimore on Tuesday night. It was the first time that I have seen Jigga as the headliner and I was hype. Thank you, hubby, for passing them tix on. And HOV did not disappoint. He entered to Run This Town and kept it moving for most of the set. I was rockin. And my bb was in my jeans pocket the whole time. And then...we got up to leave and I grabbed my coat...and when I got to the car, my blackberry was M.I.A. So there you have it. I just sent an email to folks saying, "Partied so hard with Jay-Z, I lost my GD blackberry". And everyone seemed to give me a pass! LOL.

So after a little more than three hours of sleep, I woke up the next day and did a full day of work. Came home and stayed up all of one inning of Game 1 of the World Series. Apparently, I didn't miss much of my Yankees offense, because they didn't score until the 9th inning. And UG-Lee opening (as the NY Daily News headline read) to the WS for sure but I didn't worry. Its the World SERIES not the World GAME.

And then last night, AJ Burnett turned it up a notch and got us a win to even the series. Impressive was the duel between AJ and Pedro. They're just great pitchers and on the biggest stage of the season, neither was trying to give up much. We will see what happens this weekend in Philly. Should be interesting.

I need to plan a ladies night at my house. I have far too many friends that I haven't seen in ages and just need to get them all together. I love hosting parties-as we all know-but when can I kick out the hubby and kids for a night? Seriously. One of them is always around.

Speaking of parties, I wanted to have a MAJOR halloween party this year since it was on a Saturday but shot down the idea when the family trip to Myrtle Beach wiped me out. I think I'll do blowout HALLOWEEN next year. Tryin to be different, you know.

BE SAFE GHOSTS AND GOBLINS!!!