Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ahhhh, springtime...

Welcome, tourists! Welcome, cherry blossoms! Welcome, bus loads of children from Montana or wherever your from!

NOW SCRAM! Just kidding! You can visit but damn, do you have to clog up the food court at the shops between 11 and 3? I worker just wants some grub! Sheeeshh...

I am in a pretty pleasant mood. I am getting a raise and a bonus this week so that leaves the mrs. looking forward to a spring shopping trip, a day at the spa, and maybe a couple of days in a gambling spot. Whooooo-hooo. What's not to be happy about?

Kids? I am bout to spring break my damn self! I'm sendin the little one to DC for a week to live in poverty with RDB and hopefully she comes back roach-free and grateful for her own bed. A tough lesson to learn, but tis life!

Have I ever mentioned that I was writing a screenplay? Probably not since its the same damn screenplay I've been working on for the last ten years...

Anyways, when I was in college, I really excelled at a creative writing class. I decided that I wanted to write a novel. And then I changed my mind and wanted to write a screenplay. I went back and forth with this for a while until I really decided that the screenplay was the way to go. I did an outline and created character descriptions, etc. And then...nothing. I have a great story but finished...no! Long, long way from being complete.

I now just look at it as another one of my undone projects. Its a shame though, cuz I look at the Matt Damons/Ben Afflecks of the world and wonder if I have the next Oscar worthy story sitting around the house. I mean, of all the unlikely candidates at Oscar time - its always the indie story that surprises the Hollywood big-wigs. Look at the movie Juno. Its like "Who knew?" Maybe one day...

So, it is safe to say that you will NOT being hearing from me next week. I swear, I'm rollin the hell outta this town...