Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Massive Brain Fart

As ideas go...its really hit or miss with me. While I've been known in some circles to come up with some really innovative, useful ideas - other times, not so much.

While I was sitting at my desk yesterday, I thought to myself, "I should go back to college!"

So I called my childhood mentor, who just happens to be the Director of Admissions at a university in Baltimore. I told him that I wanted to start my own business and have creativity and passion but no business savvy (and no money). I also reminded him that I have most of my undergrad requirements done and that my major back in the day was, um, elementary education. He told me to send him my transcripts and he would look it over, and from what I had told him, that maybe it would take about 2 years to get a business degree.

The minute I hung up the phone, panic started to set in. WHAT AM I DOING?! Whose going to pay for school? When would I go? Shouldn't I run this bright idea past my husband?!

So what do I do when I get home? I call my little sister who had knocked out undergrad and grad school in ten years all the while bearing three children. She's like, "Do it. You won't regret it. Think about the future money you could gain." All very good and valid points. *SIGH* She is the last person to call if I wanted someone to talk me out of going back to school.

So who could I call to talk me off the ledge? And I just drew a blank. Are all my friends really "pro-go-back-to-college"? I thought about it for a while in the evening until the domestic demands of my husband and daughter beckoned. Real life a callin'.

I went to sleep without a commitment of any sort. No application had been filled out. No tuition paid. No classes attended. The pro's of going back by far outweighed the con's.

So what in the hell was I afraid of?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home