Tuesday, January 13, 2009

*IT WAS ALL IN MY MIND*

Ya'll know just how much I love my damn husband. I swear he is truly the best thing that has happened to me. But last night, this man tried to tell me the most ridiculous bullshit ever. On a topic that I know all too well!

It started out so simple: if you won the lottery, would you allow the place that sold you the winning ticket to put your picture in their place of business for all the world to see? I said, Hell no! I don't want everyone knowing my/our business. He goes on to ask why not and I say, "Haters".

He then proceeds to tell me, "If you don't think about them, haters cease to exist". EXCUSE ME? Is that all I had to do to banish these jealous, spiteful bitches away? Wish them gone. **POOF?!** Well I'll be got-damned! I guess thats what I've been doing wrong since the 7th grade.

Apparently, to hubby anyway, haters are a state of mind. I just can't disagree more. I have seen and heard first hand, hateration in full effect. Yes, I used to not understand it. But now, as a grown ass woman, married mother of daughters age 15, 12 and 10 - I acknowledge it exists, deal with it and move on.

15 years ago, if a chick stepped to me with that hatin' shit, there would of been some hollerin, a whole lot of cursing and some "hold my earrings" moments. But I ain't for that shit no more. So I deal accordingly. And for the record - most of the hating I've witnessed (let's say 90%) has been, in true catty style, said behind folks (or my) back.

I'm pretty sure my impassioned "haters DO exist" speech fell on deaf ears - but thats okay. Like the Notorious one said, "I HATE YA'LL TOO"