Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Okay, okay, so that WASN'T my last post of 2008...

Honestly, where does the time go? A recap of sorts:

I am going to stop smoking. Today, December 30th, is day TWO. Go ahead and get your laugh on. This shit is hard. Every empty second of yesterday I thought about buying cigarettes.

Didn't love The Real Housewives of Atlanta as much as I thought I would. I did like Lisa and DeShawn, though. Sheree and Kim - know plenty of folks just like them here in DC...so thats nothing to write home about. And while I like NeNe for being honest, she was also extra(!) hood. The classic example of how money can't buy taste or class.

Keyshia Cole: The Way it Is became a 4th quarter sensation on my boob-tube. Hubby caught me flippin between Real Housewives and Keyshia Cole and jumped on me for indulging in such trash. When I say berate I totally mean, "You should be utterly ashamed for watching this filth!" But what can I say, I look at that show and marvel that that level of dysfunction exists. That shit makes my family look like the Bradys. But loved it!

The Obamas. I felt the change November 4th. I felt it standing in line at 6:30am with the 200 other folks. God Bless.

I'm a retired Redskins fan. Most of my friends thought I'd jump back on the bandwagon after the first 8 games but I didn't. I retired when Darrell Green and Art Monk entered the Hall of Fame. My kids and husband want me to convert to the Cowboys but...NO. Not going to happen. I said I was a retired Skins fan, not completely crazy. And you should have heard the responses I got from various people! My favorite was, "There's no such thing!" I laughed about that for about a week.

I wish I still loved basketball. I just can't watch grown men that get paid millions of dollars cry about a foul that drew no blood or broke no bones. Show some heart for heavens sake. And by the way, diving after loose basketballs is still permitted...encouraged even. Look it up.

I could go on and on with the stuff that I've seen and heard this year. I won't. I will just sum it up by saying that I lost a few good ones, gained a few ones back and made peace with myself on many different levels.

I know for sure this is the last post of 2008 so be safe out there!