Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Been a while, I know. Lots of stuff going on, keeping me busy and knee deep in...everything.

My mother's best friend passed away. She was like an Aunt to me, so it hurt. I ended up speaking at her memorial service. I told a funny story about the time she forgot to pick me up from gymnastics when I was a kid and how it was me that got in trouble. When we got older, we'd laugh about it. She got me my first job. She taught me how to keep basketball stats. She gave me a strong work ethic. So, all of that - and the fact that hearing my mother cry breaks my heart every time - make for a very sad couple of weeks.

Professionally, I am utterly satisfied with my nine-to-five. I've become one of those pain-in-the-ass people who talk about their job and you hate them because they love it so much. Yeah, that's me...and yeah, I've never been able to say that shit before. After 15+ years in the workforce, I done found a job I actually want to stay at for more than 3 years...

The gift baskets took a hit. Working capital was almost non-existent so I wasn't able to do my thing for Christmas. I felt bad about it for a second but I mean really, who is buying $100 gift baskets nowadays? Exactly. I am still striving for greatness but without funds, the pace is more of a stroll than a sprint.

I can never get enough of telling the cyberworld how much I love my damn husband. I know I got a good one.

I'll probably be rolling into the new year without another post...so for all of you out there...have a safe and happy one...see you in 2009!!!!